Sep 16, 2010

And so it begins.....

As a mother, I can't tell you how many times I've heard the phrase, "It goes by so fast. Enjoy this time while it lasts." I never quite understood the depth of emotion behind it until just after 10:00am on Monday, September 13, 2010; when Lawrence and I were walking back to our car from dropping Joshua off at school for the first time. All of the sudden I was back in the delivery room at Saddleback Hospital about to give birth to my precious first born.

Had 4 years, 9 months and 12 days really gone by that quickly? Did we really just leave our child with a teacher who will help him learn his ABC's, 123's and how to read? Am I really old enough and responsible enough to have a school aged child? And the answer to all those questions is yes. Yes 4 years, 9 months and 12 days have gone by in the midst of moving a gazillion times, job changes and welcoming a new brother. Yes, there are other qualified people than us (perhaps more so) to help fill in the gaps that we aren't able to fill. And yes, at 30 years young, I am old enough and responsible enough. Through God's help and strength alone.

And so my life as a Mom of a school age child begins. This new chapter of my life is going to stretch me so much. But I can do it!

Here are some snapshots of Joshua's first day of Kindergarten!
proud Mama
proud Papa

Mrs. Torris and Joshua
the gangs all here!
Goodbye, Mom and Dad!
I'm ready for this. You can let me go!

No comments: